CountryUnited States of America
Job TypeFull-Time Regular
This is a 2 nd shift position. Ability and desire to work past 12:00am required.
Come Join an Industry Leader
Anixter, a leading global supplier of communications and security products, electrical and electronic wire and cable and other small components, iscurrently looking for a highly motivated team player to join the supervisory team at our 500,000 sq. ft National Distribution Center in Alsip, IL. Our distribution center in Alsip is the largest DC in Anixter's network.
Operations Supervisors will be responsible for leading a department of 15-20 employees in any of the outbound departments. Outbound departments include; Packing, Consolidation, Cutting, International and LTL Dock.
The Operations Supervisor positions are customer and sales facing positions that are very fast paced, requiring the ability to adapt to rapidly changing priorities. Strong Ops Supervisors will be able to manage the work flow for their department using data, reporting and metrics to help provide Best-In-Class Service with flawless execution. Operations Supervisors will be able to establish strong communications with their teams, peers and managers while driving operational efficiency through resource planning, employee engagement and work flow process improvement. Ideally, the supervisor will strive in a fast paced environment while driving organizational goals and will be rewarded with a great work environment, knowledgeable associates and opportunities for growth.
This person will lead a team in any of the outbound functions in the warehouse, so the individual must be open to working in any department and shift.
· Workforce Planning: Scheduling, staffing and training teams of 15-20 employees based on workload and anticipated volumes using established data and metrics.
· Operations Efficiency: Tracking and maximizing workflow and work units per hour using data, reporting and metrics; Ensuring SOP compliance.
· Administrative Expectation: Ensuring all administrative expectations are completed on a daily basis. Payroll time reporting using Kronos. Safety compliance according to company policies and OSHA regulations. Supporting all established policies and coaching employees when policies are not followed.
· Team Leadership: Building a strong cohesive team through coaching and providing leadership with the highest integrity.
· Change Management: Desire to make a difference; Ability to implement change and manage expectations. Proactive, supportive change agent, bringing suggestions for improvement to leadership and seeking guidance from team to help improve process.
· 2+ years supervisory experience within a distribution center, manufacturer, or production environment.
· Prior demonstrated experience managing a team of 15-20 hourly warehouse associates in a fast paced production based environment.
· Highly analytical with ability to manage through analytics and communicate importance of data to teams.
· Experience coaching and guiding employees.
· Ability to handle pressure and multiple-competing priorities and deadlines.
· Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
· Demonstrated business communications skills, verbal and written, required.
· Experience with operational process and team development preferred.
· Bachelors degree in business, management or related field preferred.
· Excellent computer skills and aptitude.
· Self-directed, motivated and goal oriented with strong sense of urgency.
· Skilled at managing time and priorities through organization and prioritization.
· Excellent problem solving skills. Able to dissect a problem and present realistic solutions.
Anixter offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including medical, dental, 401(k), and pension benefits.
Check us out on the web at www.anixter.com for more information.
We require all of our employees to perform work in an ethical manner and uphold a culture of honesty and ethics at all times.
Anixter is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer; Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran
Anixter is a leading global supplier of communications and security products, electrical and electronic wire and cable, fasteners and other small components. We help our customers specify solutions and make informed purchasing decisions around technology, applications and relevant standards. Throughout the world, we provide innovative supply chain management services to reduce our customers' total cost of production and implementation. A NYSE listed company, Anixter, with its subsidiaries, serves companies in more than 52 countries around the world. Anixter's total revenue exceeded $6.1 billion in 2011.