Warehouse Operations Supervisor
CountryUnited States of America
Job TypeFull-Time Regular
At Anixter, we give you an opportunity for a career and a great work environment. We are a friendly, employee focused organization that prides itself on customer service, flawless execution and a hard days work. If you are looking for a great work environment, great benefits and an opportunity to grow your career, please read on!
We are currently looking for a highly motivated team player to join our team as the Spooling supervisor at our National Distribution Center in Cranbury, NJ. Our facility in Cranbury is the 2nd largest in Anixter’s supply chain at 280,000sf.
Schedule for this position is 9:00am – 6:00pm. Overtime and extended hours will be required frequently to support the volume of the business.
Operations Supervisor at Anixter will be responsible for leading a department of 10-20 employees in any of the outbound departments. The Operations Supervisor positions are customer and sales facing positions that are very fast paced, requiring the ability to adapt to rapidly changing priorities. Strong Ops Supervisors will be able to manage the work flow for their department using data, reporting and metrics to help provide Best-In-Class Service with flawless execution. Operations Supervisors will be able to establish strong communications with their teams, peers and managers while driving operational efficiency through resource planning, employee engagement and work flow process improvement. Ideally, the supervisor will strive in a fast paced environment while driving organizational goals and will be rewarded with a great work environment, knowledgeable associates and opportunities for growth.
This person may be asked to lead a team in any of the outbound functions in the warehouse, so the individual must be open to working in any department and shift.
• 1+ years supervisory experience within a distribution center, manufacturer, high volume retailer or production environment.
• Prior demonstrated experience managing a team of hourly associates in a fast paced production, distribution, manufacturing, retail or similar environment.
• Experience coaching and guiding employees. You’re not a drill sergeant; you’re a coach who is able to connect with your team, peers and leaders. You lead by influence and respect.
• Highly analytical with ability to; gather data, review data, manage through those analytics and effective communicate the business translation to your teams.
• Ability to handle pressure and multiple-competing priorities and deadlines. You do not buckle under pressure when a high priority item is placed in your hands, and you already have multiple other priorities working.
• Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
• Demonstrated business communications skills, verbal and written, required.
• Experience with operational process and team development preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, management or related field preferred.
• Excellent computer skills and aptitude.
• Self-directed, motivated and goal oriented with strong sense of urgency.
• Skilled at managing time and priorities through organization and prioritization.
• Excellent problem solving skills. Able to dissect a problem and present realistic solutions.
Physical Requirements -
This position is based inside a warehouse environment.
Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
Ability to lift, bend, reach, push, pull, squat and walk throughout a shift.
Ability to stand and walk for prolonged periods of time, generally an entire shift(8+ hours per day).
Check us out on the web at www.anixter.com for more information.
We require all of our employees to perform work in an ethical manner and uphold a culture of honesty and ethics at all times.
Anixter is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer; Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran