CountryUnited States of America
Job TypeFull-Time Regular
At Anixter, we give you an opportunity for a career and a great work environment. We are a friendly, employee focused organization that prides itself on customer service, flawless execution and a hard day’s work. If you are looking for a great work environment, great benefits and an opportunity to grow your career, please read on.
This position will support the Public Power segment in the Eastern US. The right candidate can be located in various cities throughout the territory.
Responsible for maximizing sales and profitability in the region by developing clearly defined business strategies and plans for sales teams to build and sustain customer relationships. Leads sales strategy, direction, vision for a region in order to move business beyond any competitor.
• Supports the vision for the organization by directing regional management in the promotion, sale and distribution of company products and services.
• Leads communication for regional sales force, keeps everyone informed of changes, best practices, strategy, etc.
• Prepares short-term and long range plans and budgets based on business plans, goals and growth objectives.
• Analyze sales statistics for the purpose of formulating regional sales programs, regional sales budgets, and to identify sales business opportunities and problems.
• Provide strategic direction for the region's future market growth plans with regard to products, services, markets and relationships.
• Develop and execute effective sales programs that will retain and develop present accounts, as well as, attract additional accounts for the profitable growth of the organization. Transition mix of revenue from product based to professional services.
• Assists senior leadership direct the implementation and execution of sales reporting, policies and practices.
We are looking for candidates with:
• 7-10 years progressive experience in sales strategy and planning, financial planning and analysis, management consulting, or related experience.
• Prior Electrical Utility Distribution experience preferred
• Experience leading a sales team
• Typically requires overnight travel greater than 50% of the time.
We offer an excellent pay and benefits that includes:
• Excellent medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurances
• 401(k) with company match
• Tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation
Anixter is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer; Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran. We require all of our employees to perform work in an ethical manner and uphold a culture of honesty and ethics at all times.